A little about me
Hi! My name is Collin Krizmanich. I’m currently a digital communications manager at General Motors Financial in Detroit, MI. I’m always looking to use my digital-centered skillset to inform, educate and influence the world around me.
I completed my master's degree in journalism at Michigan State University. While working on my degree, I created content for a state syndicated news organization covering politics at the state Capitol, before moving onto my current job at General Motors Financial. Before graduate school, I received my bachelor’s degree in political science, interning at the Michigan Capitol in both the House and Senate.
I’ve built this site to share my portfolio, job experience and anything else I could think of that I couldn’t fit in my resume. Feel free to connect me via any of the links below!
How to reach me
Looking to connect via social media? Click the icons in the bottom left corner.
Digital Communications Manager - GM Financial International Operations
Detroit, Michigan | December 2018 - Current
• Manage a team of two, including a content and graphic specialist
• Develop and manage digital communications strategy across all platforms, including web, email, social media and digital signage
• Manage editorial calendar for content across platforms
• Produce video projects, specirfically with senior leadership, aimed at promoting priorities and achieving objectives
• Compile regular analytics reports (web, social, email) and make recommendations to improve content quality and effectiveness
• Create infographics and other graphics to effectively communicate with audiences
Senior Communications Specialist - GM Financial International Operations
Detroit, Michigan | May 2015 - December 2018
• Act as main administrator of intranet reaching more than 2,500
employees in 18 countries
• Write, edit, and format explanatory industry news articles
• Design and build new content, pages, and graphics for websites
• Manage editorial calendar, including all internal and external communications
• Conduct interviews with executives and industry experts
• Explore and utilize new technologies to enhance user experience and understanding
Assistant Bureau Chief and Reporter, Capital News Service
Lansing, Michigan | Dec 2014 - May 2015
• Report, write, edit, and publish policy-centered articles for
syndication in 25+ Michigan newspapers
• Attend legislative hearings, press conferences, and committee meetings to report on breaking news
• Design and produce graphics, video, and audio to supplement reporting
• Conduct in-person interviews with state officials, including Governor Rick Snyder, Director of Michigan State Police, and Michigan legislators
Legislative Intern - Michigan State Senate and Michigan House of Representatives
Lansing, Michigan | Dec 2014 - May 2015
• Served as point of contact for constituents, lobbyists, media, and
• Draft legislative memos, reports, and press releases
• Attend and report on committee meetings and strategy sessions
• Research, analyze, and summarize policy proposals
Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficient in Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamwaver and Illustrator
- Experience using Animate, After Effects and Premier
Content management systems
- Proficient in SharePoint, Blogger and WordPress
- Proficient in HTML and CSS
- Experience using Final Cut Pro, Avid and AVID
- Experience using Audacity, Garage Band and Soundcloud
- Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Youtube
- Proficient in AP and MLA
Best of Festival
First place nationally for Interactive Website, "The Advancement of the Islamic State", Broadcast Education Association (BEA), 2014
Mark of Excellence
Finalist online news reporting, "The Advancement of the Islamic State", Society of Professional Journalists>
International Multimedia News Contest
Second place, “The Islamic State and the Yazidis: Attack on Sinjar”, International Communication Division of Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication
Best of the Web
Third place, Individual website, "The Advancement of the Islamic State", Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Comunication
Best of MSU
Online In-Depth Reporting, "The Advancement of the Islamic State"
More about me!
When I'm not hard at work, there's a good chance I'm out about riding my bike around Detroit. I also enjoy visiting National Parks across the country, camping, hiking and exploring. If I feel like staying in, my night will probably include a good — or bad — horror movie.
I also worked my way through grad school purchasing and rehabbing homes in my college town, six of which I still rent out today.